Satelit
Tunjukkan pada peta
  • Hari 17

    Melbourne: Queen Victoria Market

    6 April 2023, Australia ⋅ ☁️ 55 °F

    Today, we docked in Melbourne, and our excursion took us to
    Queen Victoria Market aka SHOPPING 😁
    I provided a brief history from the website for the Market below.
    _____________
    The pictures today range from the sunrise in Port Melbourne to the buildings, houses, skyline, and the market while on the bus to and from the port. Sydney is next! Can't believe the cruise is almost over.
    _____________
    A Brief History

    Queen Vic Market HistoryOfficially opened on 20 March 1878, the Market has been serving the people of Melbourne for more than 140 years. The Market has seen many transformations and was added to the National Heritage List in recognition of its links to the early colonial population of Melbourne and its ability to demonstrate the principal characteristics of a 19th century metropolitan produce market.

    Also known affectionately as ‘Vic Market’ or ‘Queen Vic’, the Queen Victoria Market has been the heart and soul of Melbourne for more than a century. An historic landmark spread over two city blocks, it’s a vibrant and bustling inner-city market where you can shop at over 600 small businesses for everything from Australian fruit and vegetables, local and imported gourmet foods, clothing and souvenirs.
    Use the link for more information about the Market’s history: https://qvm.com.au/about/
    Baca lagi