Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 13

    Big town today...

    October 9, 2018 in Iceland ⋅ ☁️ 36 °F

    Yesterday, we availed ourselves of the hotel laundry service. No clothes last night, I came down and asked about it. Clothes not dry, because they hang them out to dry! Rainy day, so no clean clothes. Gives new meaning to “cold wash.”

    Hope to go to big town today for fuel. It’s cloudy, but a warm 3-4 degrees (centigrade) Les said. The sun is peaking out and the pass is doable. Stopped a couple of places on the way. Had lunch at the Gas station/market/diner. Les was able to buy more Mountain Dew, He is a happy camper. Everyone photographed the town and it’s little harbor. I tried to draw, but the pen wouldn’t work...was it frozen? Anyway, the boat I was drawing left. So will have to work from photograph. On the way back, we had great afternoon light, more pictures. I was able to get my steps in by walking the road ahead of the van at a couple of photo stops.

    So we hit an Icelandic traffic jam. The Farmers were driving two sheep down the narrow road which was at this location way up on the cliff above the fjord. We crawled along for about a half hour. Finally the area around the road widened and the sheep went up the hill, and we got to pass by.
    Read more