Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 20

    Saying good by to Iceland

    October 16, 2018 in Iceland ⋅ 🌧 43 °F

    We woke at 7am today. It was raining, just like when we arrived, but no wind.

    We forgot to check in for the flight last night, so we had better do it now. The message on the phone says United does not provide check in services for other carriers and this leg is on Lufthansa.

    We finished stuffing our bags, piled into the Kia Rio and headed for the car rental. Check out there went smoothly and they gave us a van ride to the departure gates. We can recommend Lagoon Car Rentals.

    The check in is handle at self service terminals and the bag check is also self service. The only snag is that we are too early to check the bags. So we waited at “Joe and a Juice”. When the time came to check the bags, the self service bag check rejected the bags and told me to see a check person for help. That part went smoothly too.

    Now for security. This ran pretty much similar to in the States. The bags went through, Les went through and Jill got stopped for a pat down because of her bionics. Gathering the bags, we noticed the laptop, iPad and Jill iPhone are missing. Jill flagged the closest security person to ask and found they were doing a second scan on them, before returning them to us.

    After passing through the tax free store and picking up some lunch and coffee, we are now at our gate to wait for the plane. Jill sniffles are worsening to include her usual cough. Les just has minor sniffles.
    Read more