Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 5

    NYCC Day #3

    October 7, 2017 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 24 °C

    Day 3 and 5 panels! All of them offsite this time.

    - Ash vs. Evil Dead
    The stars of this pretty crazy but very funny show came out to talk about it and their characters, and they also screened the first episode of the upcoming new season. Apparently the episode won’t be out for several months. I mainly attended the panel to see the star of the show, Bruce Campbell! I saw him at a different comic con last year and he was hilarious. It was great to see him again.

    - Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
    I like the Marvel franchise, but this is one of the many Marvel-related shows that I haven’t had a chance to watch. Nevertheless it was interesting to see the cast and producers talk about it, and there was footage from the upcoming season.

    - Star Trek: Discovery
    Another show I haven’t really watched (the NYCC lineup this year didn’t match a lot of my interests sadly!) They had a lot of the cast though, and a few surprises.

    - Stan Lee interview
    At this point in the schedule they were supposed to have a panel about The Punisher, but it was cancelled due to the events in Vegas. Instead they screened a recent interview with Marvel legend Stan Lee. I really like him and the interview was interesting. However it was rather disappointing that he wasn’t actually there in person.

    - An evening with Mark Hamill
    The last panel of the night was actually a separately ticketed event. They know how to take your money! It was a great event though - two hours with Mark Hamill just talking about his career and work. There was no moderator, so he was rambling a bit at times and got off track constantly! But he’s Luke Skywalker so he can do anything he wants :)
    Read more