Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 5

    90s Con: Day 2

    September 16, 2023 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 30 °C

    Great day at 90s con!

    I first attended a panel for the show "Family Matters" - the one with Steve Urkel! It's been decades since I last watched that show, but the three cast members at the convention were quite entertaining. One of them, Reginald VelJohnson, famously played Al Powell in Die Hard!

    The next panel was for "Sabrina The Teenage Witch" - another show I haven't watched in many years, but I've seen Melissa Joan Hart (who portrayed Sabrina) in various shows and movies over the years.

    After a cosplay contest, I attended a panel for Full House with Jeff Franklin who created the show and five of its main stars. Dave Coulier, who played Joey, was very funny in particular.

    My primary mission of the day was getting a group photo with the 7 main cast members of Beverly Hills 90210! I grew up watching this show, and I still enjoy watching episodes here and there more than 30 years later. It was surreal to meet all of them in person and it's probably the first convention they have all done together (except for the late Luke Perry of course).

    While waiting in line, and it was almost my turn, there was a snafu with the camera and we had to wait around for it to be fixed. While waiting, Ian Ziering came over to us waiting at the front of the line to say hi!

    Before leaving the Con for the day, I caught the end of a panel with the lovely Danica McKellar talking about her books and career.

    In the evening I had dinner at the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino, a little outside of Tampa.
    Read more