Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 9

    Texarkana (KTXK), AR

    May 11, 2016 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 25 °C

    1.2 hours. Refueled. Done for the day. Ignoring weather diversions, flew 1239 km (669 nm) in 5.8 hr .

    Only one thunderstorm had to be dodged. A couple of days before there were vicious vicious hailstorms that has left some areas around Texarkana still in blackout.

    The whole trip was planned watching the weather to get around a massive storm eastbound from the midwest. the plan was to get by it on the eastern seaboard then go under and up on the west side of it. So far it has played out that way.

    The forecast called for the possibility of thunderstorms in the early morning. Chose a hangar for my plane. Next morning I noticed everyone else had tucked theirs away too.

    Took taxi to La Crosse hotel. Was driven back out by hotel.

    Got some JB Weld. Before I left Weyman, I picked up a chip on my carbon/epoxy propeller. Noticed the chip was eroding larger. Patched with the JB Weld to prevent further damage. The 'filling' lasted the rest of the trip.

    Tomorrrow's tentative plan is (4O4) McCurtain OK, (KONY) Olney TX, (KCNM) Cavern City NM.Thursday will be a late start to avoid mistiness and scattered thunderstorms. Might have to change the Texas stop to stay out of thunderstorm activity.
    Read more