Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 4

    Betegségben és egészségben

    March 9, 2020 in Hungary ⋅ 🌙 43 °F

    Minna wasn't feeling too hot this morning, so after a small breakfast at Cafe Astoria (operating since 1914!), we tucked back into our Airbnb and slept.

    After getting some extra rest, we went out for some Hungarian Deli food. Jared got sausage, duck leg, and fried potato slices, and Minna got what was essentially a Hungarian chicken cordon bleu.

    Then we went for a sightseeing cruise. It was AMAZING. We sailed the Danube and saw sights from the Hungarian Parliament, to Buda Castle, to an Orthodox Church that was built in a cavern blasted open in the hillside.

    We had a brief stop at Margaret Island, named after Saint Margaret, who as a young girl convinced her father to build a convent on the island so that she could become a nun. Then we hopped back on the ship and got to see all of those sites from earlier again, but this time lit up at night!

    Next came the Budapest Eye, which—while not as big as its English counterpart—was pretty stunning. Then, a few quick stops at DM, Lidl, and Aldi (they had lots of Nivea but no Jumpys OR Splashys 🥺), and now we're tucked in for the night!
    Read more