Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 7

    Wenn das Leben dir Zitronen gibt

    March 12, 2020 in Austria ⋅ ⛅ 64 °F

    We arrived safe in Vienna!

    Then we found out almost all of the museums, including the Opera House, got closed down yesterday. And then we found out we can no longer get into the Czech Republic.

    So after trying to get a hold of Orbitz and learning it'd take 14 hours(!) for someone to get back to us, we bought new tickets to LAX for Monday. We figured we'd best have an exit plan before spending a full day getting a hold of them.

    For now, we're going to relax (there's a Jared-sized bathtub!) and enjoy the sights that we can still see. It's a bit of a bummer that everything is closed down, sure, but the bright side is that 1) the government is taking this seriously and working to limit the virus' spread, and 2) we have an excuse to come back! Also we get to see Cholula that much sooner!

    Tonight we took a trip to a local restaurant and had some goulash & schnitzel, paired with an Austrian beer and an Aperol spritz. Then we headed over to Hotel Sacher Wien for a Sachertorte and some strudel. Köstlich!

    We'll keep you posted as things do or don't change. We'll be sure to keep abreast of any developments and have the embassy on speed dial just in case.
    Read more