Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 9

    Wir fuhren mit dem Bus

    March 14, 2020 in Austria ⋅ ⛅ 50 °F

    Today was a VERY slow day, as more and more of the city closed down.

    We slept in again (catching up on a collective decade of sleep deprivation is a decent use of this time, I guess!) and started our day around new.

    We stopped by Buffet Trzersniewski for some delicious finger sandwiches and juice and then walked around for a bit.

    After meandering through the streets, we decided to hop on a city tour bus, which took us around the town to see all of the historic buildings that we couldn't tour! Despite our inability to go inside of any of them, we learned some interesting history and got a better feel for the city outside of the center where we're staying.

    Then followed some more meandering, shopping, and eating. We stopped for dinner at McDonald's for a little taste of home (Austrian McDonald's is gourmet as heck btw), and returned to Cafe Sacher for dessert.

    We're now tucked in early, figuring out the logistics of transportation to the airport, exchanging currency, and how to enjoy our last full day in the world's most beautiful ghost town.

    Guten nacht!
    Read more