Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 4

    Day 5 Onwards we head!

    March 23, 2018 in England ⋅ ⛅ 11 °C

    Today we set off for the UK via Dubai. A long day, a long haul.
    However we both managed to fill it easy enough with movies, both watching what we wanted not having to consider each other in the choice! That’s a bit different!

    I watched heaps of chick flicks on both flights, ones I could have a good cry in.
    There is something to be said for Qantas it really is an amazing Airline to go with! Service, food, comfortability all in one! We flew with Qantas for the 1st leg to Singapore then onwards with Emirates even though the whole lot was with Emirates they use Qantas for some legs mainly from Aust!

    Emirates is OK, but just doesn’t come up to the same standard both in, attentiveness and food quality! Comfortability was similar, but all in all it just didn’t cut it the same!

    Our stay in Dubai didn’t happen, we were to have 11/2 hrs here, but as the flight had a delay in landing only due to the holding pattern, we had a mad panic (or should I say me in a mad panic) to get through to the next flight as it was boarding as we landed! We did make it but my goodness was it a crazy 20mins of running trying to find our way through the Dubai airport, onto connecting trains to take you through to a different terminal to get on our flight!

    Then at the last minute we got separated as they wanted to search John, he thought I took off without him, but i was told to keep going..... He was not impressed by the time he found me in our seats....
    but in any airport you do as staff says especially in The UAE..... any we made it ok.... we did meet another couple once we hit London who were really upset about the whole experience, saying in the future they will book longer between flights! In hindsight we could say the same but you consider 1 1/2 hrs plenty of time, guess it’s not! Note to all who travel book plenty of connection time when traveling OS, otherwise the heart gets a good work out, physical by running and emotionally through stress!

    On arriving in London first part was baggage collection, ohhh my goodness this nearly took as long as the flight!....... well that’s an exaggeration but it did take an hour to finally get our suitcases, many others were getting very upset they were so slow, but this is becoming the norm when we travel, baggage collection can be very distressing and slow, so just go with the flow! If they don’t turn up I now pack incase cloths in my carry on and some small toiletries as it has happened before!

    Once we had our belongings we had to negotiate our way from Terminal 3 to Terminal 5 so we could catch a shuttle to our hotel! We soon discovered Heathrow airport is huge with many levels many escalators and nooks to get through to find your way around! But as we didn’t have to rush it was a lot less stressful than Dubai! We did manage with both our very heavy suitcases up escalators trying not to topple over.... we did it....... both very weary and tired but elated we had managed to find our way through the maze! Before we knew it we were at Holiday Inn Express Terminal 5 Hotel. Booked in and in our rooms just before all the hoards of tourists arrived behind us ( we aren’t tourists we are travellers ha ha). Had a light dinner of soup both of us and off to bed, it’s been a huge huge day, but we are here.
    Read more