Satélite
Exibir no mapa
  • Dia 7

    START POINT FORM ANNE BEADELL

    29 de abril de 2023, Austrália ⋅ 🌙 6 °C

    DAY: 7
    John a lot better this Am but had, had huge sweats… we didn’t rush up, but still an early start had the washing all done and hung out by 7.15….@$4 a load x3 loads it cost a bit….
    Then sorted the pills, in time for Sheryl to organise us to head up to look at some sights and go to the tourist info centre for coffee…very we’ll set up.
    While there having coffee Vic called again Mum C and her decided not to go for the window in the upgrade of the ship…so now I know John won’t do it…21days with no window is going to be horrible…but guessing I have to shut up and put up with it…not impressed but what can you do…an extra $850 ea. John sees it as too much….

    A look around..to go to look at the presentation was $8 so Bill, John and I just looked at the info then headed up to the Supermarket to get the lady goodie before heading off…John managed to get a towel…the prices in the store were unreal…$9.00 for butter but we are in the outback and an aboriginal community so the prices go up, up, up….

    We walked back to the Van park around the edge of town….saw a car without a back windscreen and no number plates a number of times…obviously the police who we saw at morning tea at the info centre…don’t worry about it. While at the supermarket…a local aboriginal women came up to sell to Sheryl and I a painting she had done of a bush tucker painting….it was well done, but won’t suit any of our Décor at home at all….

    John not well, this arvo…lazy arvo with him sleeping, me getting pics and diary sorted…
    Planning Pizza tonight all going to plan…

    Sat around the big fire pit at the Van park for an hour or so…chatting to different people; one was Chris an older lady, she and her husband have been here since Nov fossicking….all the fossickers we have spoken to have all said it’s not like it used to be….Chris and her husband live permanently on the road in their Van….meet another women travelling alone in her motor home…like the lady we met at Norseman who was in her little AVan with her dog…she was actually working she is a Social Worker from Adelaide but travellers as far as Kalgoorlie for her work…what a huge area to cover…coming across the Nullarbor to get to her most distant area….

    Anyway after sitting at the fire along with Sheryl and Dave we headed to the pub to get Pizzas for dinner….it’s always busy here with so many fly in fly out workings, travellers and locals….the little French bar attendant is very efficient and friendly..

    The pizza was pretty good even had BBQ sauce in it to stop my refluxing, but still had it….
    A nice warm shower once back then off to bed we head off in the AM….
    Leia mais