Спутник
Показать на карте
  • День 17

    VOAKES HILL

    9 мая 2023 г., Австралия ⋅ ☀️ 6 °C

    DAY: 17
    So, so cold today and ice everywhere on our camper...Bills pop-top, his solos panels and all our windscreens...Hard for us all to get going…we keep having to keep going to the fire to warm our fingers which were frozen…
    It was very dark until after 7am…the Vans left at 7.15 am today to get up the road before we caught up to them…
    We all made it to the turn off to Voakes Hill Dave had to turn back to closed in for the big beast to come any further…Sheryl jumped in with Bill…..I have to admit the actual Hill was a disappointment…but I found some unreal twists and turns of trees…..the narley wood is unreal…living in desert conditions it becomes like an old man filled with heaps of character….
    We headed back to have hot water ready for our M/tea at the turn off…..
    About to leave saw people with the a Hilux and motorhome set up…very neat little number….They were from Perth heading on a 4 month trip….sounds like they were our type of people…she was telling us about the trees in the area were Marble Gum or desert gum…the multi limbed hairy bark trees…
    Stopped at Voakes Hill Crn to find The Rare Christmas trees pretty sure they were dead...Took pics of dead sticks that resembled a Christmas tree shape…Couldn’t find the Rock Hole apparently at the crn…….Signed the visitors book…..
    Another couple could coming from the east with a very unusual camper...They lost 200 l of the water the welds on their water tank gave way…,
    Lunch about 10ks from Voakes Crn…..By our late lunch time we had done 80ks
    Saw one snake and had an unusual head..John spotted him on the road …..
    We continued on the scene of the trees 🌳 were unreal so many rounded trees that blew me away…..
    We made our campsite 🏕️ in Maralinga land…… very soft red sand….dingo tracks around…..
    Sheryl and Dave made it dead on 6pm well done guys…..
    Got the fire going….got dinner ready early….
    Another night of all chatting about the day…
    Early nights for us all with this really cold weather…
    Читать далее