Satelita
Pokaż na mapie
  • Dzień 4

    Heading to Dijon

    24 października 2023, Francja ⋅ 🌧 12 °C

    Day 4

    GOOD MORNING FRANCE 🇫🇷

    Up nice and early this morning, leaving time is 8:00am on the bus. So it is still dark outside and the sun not due up until 8:30am. We had a drama this morning Rell is missing her puffer jacket 🧥… we looked everywhere and still can’t find it. We will look through our luggage again but if we can’t find it we will have to buy another. Off to breakfast 🍳 another good feed and then onto the bus 🚌. We were late to leave… waiting on people about 10min then we got away and someone had left paperwork behind so we had to turn around and head back. Now 30 min late start… all in a bus tour. Headed off and the traffic was shocking… took nearly an hour and a half to get out of Paris heading for Dijon. Dimitri let us know he was born in St Petersburg Russia 🇷🇺 but his origins were Greek. Robert the driver is from Poland 🇵🇱. Well we started with a wet overcast day and now at 10am the sun has come out and it is a beautiful day. Heading through the green fields and lovely villages of France. Must be getting close to a pee stop.
    We did stop at a great service centre, got coffees and something to eat and of course the pee stop. It was a great drive with very good scenery. We got to Dijon with beautiful churches, streets and buildings.

    Dijon is the capital city of the historical Burgundy region in eastern France, one of the country’s principal wine-making areas. It’s known for its traditional mustard, vineyard tours, autumn gastronomic fair and building styles ranging from Gothic to art deco. The distinguished 1787 Musée des Beaux-Arts, housed in the vast Palace of the Dukes, holds a rich collection of paintings, sculptures, crafts and antiquities.

    Dijon: Wine & Gastronomy

    Famous for mustard and gingerbread, Dijon is also the gateway to the most prestigious Burgundy vineyards. Indeed, the reputation of the route of the 'Grands Crus' has earned it the epithet the 'Champs Elysées of Burgundy.

    The Cheese Factory

    Founded in the late 1940's, Fromagerie Gaugry opens its doors to the public. In this modern building a guided visit leads through the galleries with large windows where you discover the production of cheese, such as the famous Epoisses AOP, Ami du Chambertin and Plaisir au Chablis cheese. A shop, selling both Gaugry cheeses and a large number of French cheeses as well as other regional products, offers the visitor an exhibition of antique cheese-making tools and other items of former times. Please make an appointment for guided visits with cheese tasting.

    Had lunch here at Burger King… a bit of controversy here but we were all fed and back on the bus. From here it was onto the cheese factory to see how the cheese was made and a cheese and wine tasting. No everyone’s cup of tea. Then back to the hotel in Dijon. As we arrived the lady behind asked if this black puffer coat was ours… a miracle Rell’s coat turned up that was lost. After checking into our room and a bit of a rest we headed off to ALDIs for some water etc. came back with food for dinner and a puffer coat for me seeings I left mine at home. We then had a couple of drinks at the bar, ate our food and chatted with fellow travellers before heading off to bed. See you in the morning.

    GOOD NIGHT FRANCE 🇫🇷
    Czytaj więcej