Satellit
Auf Karte anzeigen
  • Tag 28

    Exploring Abu Dhabi

    17. November 2023 in den Vereinigten Arabischen Emiraten ⋅ ⛅ 25 °C

    Day 28

    GOOD MORNING UAE 🇦🇪

    Woke early this morning ready for the Hop-on-hop-off bus Abu Dhabi. Very overcast and when we got out we found it was raining and it had rained over night. We also found that the boat had sprung a leak. Didn’t take much rain to start flooding the buffet area. Anyway they had it cleaned up for breakfast. Just seems strange to see rain in this desert area. Had breakfast and now we have to wait for customs before we can get off the boat. They will be taking our passports again and giving them back tonight. We will see how that goes.
    Off this morning, firstly through customs and then the boat staff retrieved our passports. Then we were let out into Abu Dhabi. From here it was onto the Hop-on-hop-off bus and a fast dash to the Grand Mosque 🕌. We only had about an hour to check it out. When we went to go in we found we had to register at the other end of the mall. Off we went and eventually did that, then we had to get Vicki some sleeves to get in. They weren’t quite good enough, so I had to give her my rain coat and that worked. So by the time we got there we had about 30 min before it closed. A race around and it was done. Then off for the biggest cappuccino I’ve had for a long time. After that it was back on the bus to continue our ride around Abu Dhabi. Magnificent hotels and builds you could spend hours at each location. Amazing what oil can do. Back to the boat around 3:30pm for drinks and a rest.
    Weiterlesen