Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 23

    Saturday, April 28

    April 29, 2018 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 10 °C

    We wake up to a foggy Saturday morning, but the sun breaks through and the temperatures rise. A beautiful spring day!

    Thalia and Alex pick us up around 10:30. They have a birthday gift for me. . .2 books that I'm really looking forward to reading, and a lovely card. So thoughtful of them. They also have some books for Naomi! 😊

    We visit 2 estate sales in the Potomac area. It's a beautiful area. Tony and I find deals on golf balls and golf umbrellas. Thalia buys a hand mixer and Alex buys a crystal decanter, a cutting board and a Weber Gas BBQ! $75.00! The deal of the day! It seems to work well. With a little clean up, it will be almost as good as new!

    We head out to Falls Road Golf Course and have lunch. We play 9 holes of golf. The tees and fairways are in good shape, but the greens are a little patchy. In spite of that, I play my best game in a long time! Alex is impressed! Tony and Alex play well, as usual! And Thalia is an excellent cart driver!

    We have a drink after, then drive to Friendship Heights for dinner. We take the "scenic route" and have a nice tour of this Washington suburb! The spring flowers and shrubs are all in bloom, the grass is green, and the leaves are out on the trees. So pretty.

    We meet Thalia's parents, Ann and Steve, for the first time. We are planning to have dinner at The Cheesecake Factory. It is too busy, a 40 minute wait, so Steve finds us a table in an Italian restaurant just next door. It is a large restaurant, but much quieter. Steve proposes a beautiful toast toThalia and Alex for their upcoming marriage in June. We are all very happy for them.

    The food is delicious and the conversation is interesting. We enjoy getting to know the Aokis, and making plans with them for June.

    After dinner, we switch cars. Thalia and Alex and Tony and I take the van, so Alex can pick up his new BBQ, and Ann and Steve take Thalia's car home. Thalia will stop by to see them tomorrow and exchange cars before going back to Richmond.

    Thalia and Alex drive us back to Cherry Hill, and then go to pick up the BBQ. By now it's 10:00, so they are working in the dark. They message us later that they almost took the wrong BBQ. The houses are similar and they went to the wrong back yard! But they figure it out in time, load the BBQ somehow by themselves, and take it home!

    Tony and I pack up for our trip home tomorrow. It's midnight. It's been a wonderful day!

    Now reading The Home for Unwanted Girls.
    Read more