Satellite
Show on map
  • PEI national park

    September 13, 2018 in Canada ⋅ 🌙 9 °C

    Thursday, September 13
    Bike ride from Cavendish Beach towards North Rustico. Made it about 3/4of the way, so about 7 kms each way. Beautiful scenery.
    On the way back, saw 3 ladies in a Rialta exactly like ours. Stopped for a chat
    Lunch, then went to hit balls at Stanhope Golf Club. Drove to North Rustico to Doiron’s Fish Market for some scallops and shrimp for dinner.
    Sunset on the beach. So pretty.
    Went to the office to use the Wifi and saw the Ladies in the Rialta parked on the road in front of the firewood shed. Their Rialta would not start and a guy named Reg was trying to jump start it. Wouldn’t work. So they decided to camp for the night in the parking lot. We pushed the Rialta off the road and into a parking spot and the ladies started to set up camp. Then, a guy on a motorized unicycle (!?!?) rolled in, hit the starter with the blunt end of an axe, and it started! So, the ladies returned to their campsite. Later, Tony and went over to give them a spare part in case the garage didn’t have it in stock. During our conversation, we realized it was Diane, Bonnie, and Lynne Toelstrop, friends and classmates from Beebe Elementary School! What a surprise!
    Read more