Satelliitti
Näytä kartalla
  • Päivä 36

    Day 35 day off in Idwal and Bangor

    3. heinäkuuta 2023, Wales ⋅ ☁️ 13 °C

    Monday : Up 07:00, away 11:30. Lazy start to the day. After dressing in full wet weather clothes and packing everything else into rucksack, walked the 100 yards to the Youth Hostel for breakfast. Put Rucksack in drying room that had got wet yesterday when pitching tent. Drying rooms are such an excellent feature of Youth Hostels. They are often too hot to stay in for more than a few minutes and can dry clothes in less than an hour.

    After writing yesterday's blog I caught 11:25 bus to Bangor. It was full of Scouts from Republic of Ireland so I only had a seat for half the journey until surrendering it to a more senior lady. I learned that schools in RoI have 3 months summer holiday.

    Rain had stopped by the time we arrived in Bangor. Went first to the nearby Cathedral. Was delighted to discover there is a daily Service that would begin 20 minutes after my arrival.

    After the Sevice stopped in a Café for lunch then walked around Bangor. Saddening to find quite a few empty shop units. Caught the 14:25 return bus back to Idwal cottage. Buses were every 2 hours.

    Back at the hostel finished yesterday's blog, made supper, chatted to a few fellow hostelers and booked to stay a 3rd night (Tuesday). Weather forecast had improved considerably so I resolved to continue my attempt to walk the Cambrian Way with a short 'test walk' tomorrow from where I dropped off the route yesterday at Cefn Ysgolion Duon to Idwal cottage.

    1 mile around Bangor completed at end of 35th day of walking.
    Total miles so far : 354
    Weather : Rain overnight and all morning. Sunshine from midday until late afternoon. Intermittent rain or sunshine for the remainder of the day.
    Objective tomorrow : Cefn Ysgolion Duon to YHA Idwal cottage.
    Lue lisää