Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 8

    Elephants, Lions, Antelopes and more!

    May 24, 2019 in South Africa ⋅ ☀️ 11 °C

    Our first safari day. Some would call it a game drive. It is a bit of a game based on skill and luck. Does your driver and guide know where to go? And sometimes you just have to be plain lucky. Today, we were.

    I think the first animal we spotted was the elephant, we are in the Addo Elephant National Park after all. Of course the cameras clicked and clicked as we ooh'ed and aah'ed. Then we remembered to put down the camera and just watch, be in the moment. This is probably the most important thing when enjoying a safari, as well as life in general, sometimes we need to stop and just sit back.

    We drive on, and our driver spots 2 lions in the bushes just off the path. It's only the 2nd time he's ever found lions, and we were close to these napping cats, only meters away. Just like that, we've ticked off 2 of the big 5. Then came zebras, warthogs galore, a mangoose and water buffalos! That's #3. All in all a very good day before we headed to make camp for the night. Or as our driver would say a very ding dong day =) Sounds jolly doesn't it?
    Read more