Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 11

    Jeju - West Course

    May 12, 2023 in South Korea

    First of 3 day trips here on Jeju. You can rent a car and drive around the island yourself, but otherwise these are good options. I booked with Yeha Tours via Klook and had a really great guide, Elin, for the 1st two days. She made the days fun and not only gave us snacks to sample along with grandpa stones as gifts. The stones are a Jeju thing for protection and some originals still dot the island.

    We started off the day by stopping at Hyuphaie Beach before going to Hallim Park which is a botanical garden. The loop started with a walk by palm trees, before visiting 2 lava caves and a bonsai & stone garden. There were so many cute trees it was hard to take photos of each one. Next up was a folk village and there was also several peacocks displaying their feathers.

    After lunch, we made a stop at Ossuloc Green Tea Fields, a great instagram spot. Innisfree is also right next door, so it's a bit of a shopping stop as well. We had to be quick though as time was limited. Our next activity was a Mt Sangang Cruise so we had to catch the boat.

    The cruise itself was quite nice as we saw interested rock formations. The commentary was all in Korean though and the crowd was a lively bunch. Our last stop of the day, the entire group chose to go to Cheonjeyeon Falls. We only made it to 2 of 3 waterfalls, but the 2nd (or officially known as the 1st) was pretty much dry as it hadn't rained inawhile. Luckily the other falls was beautiful and we got to see the Seven Nymphs bridge as well.

    With the itinerary at it's end, some travellers opted to leave the tour as they were staying in Seogwipo city which was close to our location. After that, the bus wound it's way back to downtown Jeju, making the dropoff rounds.

    I tried to go to a seafood place back out towards the cafe from yesterday, but when I arrived, I discovered it wasn't open =( A bit of a hangry struggle trying to get a bus back to town. A lot of places were closed so I ended up at McDonald's out of desperation. I did get a bulgogi burger though, but it was only ok.
    Read more