Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 44

    Into the Valley

    June 14, 2023 in Bhutan ⋅ 🌫 11 °C

    We left Thimphu early this morning to continue our explorations. One of our stops was at a lookout which on a clear say, we could’ve seen the span of Bhutan against the backdrop of the Himalayas. Instead it was misty though the most lent to great photos. Also at the lookout was a collection of 108 stupas. It was really pretty crowded since several groups had converged.

    After lunch we went on a hike in the Phobjikha Valley. The scenery was stunning as we hiked along the trees. Being out of the van definitely enables us to take amazing pictures while being in the van, it was best to just look and enjoy.

    The hike itself was easy, really more of a stroll and a good warm up for our upcoming hikes. If only they were all like this hehe.

    One last stop for the day, the black neck crane centre to learn about the birds who migrate here every winter from Tibet.

    Our home for the night is a community home stay in the valley. The group used to be assigned to various houses but everyone now stays together in a building that G invested in. The rooms are beautiful and rustic, a wonderful surprise.
    Read more