Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 7

    Best Meal of the Week

    October 2, 2021 in Greece ⋅ 🌙 21 °C

    Harmonia slowly glided into the harbour at Palairos just before 5pm with Penny at the helm and Tom and Rob dealing with the mooring ropes. All was made good and the engine turned off for the final time ... but it's not all over just yet.

    For the meal tonight a table had been booked at a restaurant in town called 'New Mill Tavern'. There is no menu here and not even a wine list because food is simply brought to your table through the evening, leaving you to relax and chat for as long as you'd like to - the table is yours for the entire time you want to be there and you definitely want to be there. The wine, by the way, was a 5 litre bottle of a very pleasant rose but before you panic, you only get charged for what you drink, but ehen the food and drink is so good, why complicate life with choices?

    Your surroundings in this family run restaurant are enchanting and the host so friendly and welcoming. The food is second to none as the dishes are brought to your table at a leisure pace, prepared and cooked to perfection. The meal here was definitely the food highlight of the week and it's easy to see why a table must be booked.

    All too soon it was time to return to the yacht. The skies were crystal clear, as they were last weekend at the start of the holiday, so Rob was tempted to venture out with the camera again to see if there was a photo to be found. The best of the Milky Way had been much earlier in the evening but even so, Jupiter and Saturn were shining brightly and Rob eventually found a photo to bring home.
    Read more