Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 35

    Bardstown

    June 13, 2016 in the United States ⋅ 🌙 25 °C

    Earlier breakfast today then off to the Sisters of Charity convent at Nazareth for a walk around the lake and in the grounds. Beautiful morning for a walk, before it heated up. We stopped by the church for a look - it was very airy and light, unlike many Roman Catholic churches we've seen. When we came home we walked in the woods to see the fruits of all Norman's hard work clearing and planting. After lunch we went to the Post Office to post a couple of parcels home but one was too full so we bought one box to put everything in - very happy with what we managed to get into the box.
    Dinner was fried green tomatoes (yum - his best yet!) and gumbo with lots of goodness, including alligator meat! It tasted much like chicken except a little tougher.
    First two shots are of the grounds at Nazareth, including the cemetery.
    Third is a closer look at the evidence of the Pointer humour in the signpost.
    Fourth shows the fairies on the tree trunk.
    Fifth is of the chocolate lab statue where Gemma was buried.
    Last one is us enjoying the sunshine in the woods.
    Read more