Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 34

    Bardstown

    June 12, 2016 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 31 °C

    After breakfast we headed to Comiskey, Indiana to the Stream Cliff Nursery & Winery. Crossed the Ohio River in Louisville on the new bridge - they now have three bridges side by side. The Big Four Bridge is used as a pedestrian bridge. Arrived at the Nursery at 10.30 only to find it doesn't open on Sunday's until 12!! We had to fill in time and the GPS managed to get us lost again and brought us back to the nursery. One of the staff told us about a creek nearby which people go to so we headed there. We crossed the stream and went for a walk while Sue watched for birds and Norman took photos. There were thousands of tadpoles in the water and some tiny frogs. Eventually went back to the Nursery and had lunch, which was very pleasant. Had a look around the garden and did a wine tasting and then drove the 11/2 hours home. The temperature outside reached 99F T one stage and it was very, very hot , with very high humidity.
    First shot shows the stream we crossed in the car. Others are of the Nursery grounds and the restaurant , including Ron's blackberry cobbler, which by all accounts was delicious!
    Read more