Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 11

    Mt Bundy Station, Adelaide River

    May 3, 2017 in Australia ⋅ 🌙 21 °C

    Mt Bundy, is a working cattle station that also has a working caravan park. Scott and Sue run the show and when they're not mustering cattle, horses or water buffalo they will be fronting The Cheeky Bull Bar (the coldest and cheapest beer we've had in the Top End) and hand-making amazing pizza.

    Being a working cattle station there is an obvious ruggedness to this location and I guess that's part of the appeal. We set up camp in the unpowered section, maybe a little too close to the Adelaide River (6000 plus crocs). Nestled amongst a lush grove of trees ( which proved a challenge for our solar power), wildlife abounded. From the cutest silky wallabies, preening peacocks, dusty cattle dogs and even the gruesome cane toads which would join you in the toilets if you required a late night visit.

    The opportunity to mingle with fellow travellers is always fun and on this occasion to meet a couple who opted for a parrot rather than a caravan dog made for interesting conversation. Mt Bundy is a special place, its chemistry blended from the land, people, and its wildlife, fenced and free roaming. Thanks for the memories!
    Read more