Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 10

    Good company, average food

    May 16, 2013 ⋅ ☁️ 19 °C

    Well it's grumpy old man time again......
    Six of us, that's Maz & Sue, Egbert & Chris and Sheila & myself, went to Chops Grill last night and the company was great, but I'm sorry to say, the food wasn't up to much.
    The place is a steak house so we all had various steaks, which were all good, except for Sues, which was dry.
    The second problem was that the potatoes and vegetables were cold which spoiled the main course.
    Then to top it all, for dessert three of us ordered a spectacular looking creme brulet, which was flambéed in front of you and looked wonderful, but when tasted was a thick gooey mess, and a big disappointment.
    The saving grace was that we were playing for the meal on two for one vouchers, even so it still cost $30 per couple and we could have got better food in the normal restaurant or even the Windjammer buffet for free.
    Other than that we had a great day and in the afternoon progressive quiz we did very well, getting the joint highest score of the day.
    I think that puts us in second place overall.
    Most of us spent the rest of the day by the pool, and the weather was hot hot hot...
    Read more