Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 40

    The Captains talk

    February 17, 2013, North Atlantic Ocean ⋅ 🌙 13 °C

    Normally we don't bother going to the welcome aboard party, as they can be a bit boring, the only saving grace usually is you get a free glass of wine (or two) ;-)
    So as we don't have any free drinks on this trip we thought we'd go to the party, and as we were first in we had our picture taken with the captain.
    I don't normally bother with the captain's photo as sometimes the captain can be a bit pompous and full of himself, but this guy Captain David Pembridge is his name, was lovely.
    A nicer and more down to earth captain I've yet to meet, his short talk was interesting and informative and he came across as a really nice guy.
    After dinner which we had in the restaurant and was very nice, we went to the show which was a comedian from the black country, by the name of Lee Wilson.
    He was excellent, very clean with no fowl language or smut, with an old fashioned style but extremely funny.
    I'd go and watch him again.
    Oh yes I forgot to mention that the four of us that is Jennifer, Sheila, John and myself won the afternoon music quiz, and me having had a couple of drinks proceeded to show our winning prize which consisted of a couple of stickers (which you accumulate and cash in four prizes, such as plastic key chains at the end of the cruise,) around the room thus making us a target for future quizzes....lol.....bring it on.
    Anyway it's 9.15am and the weather is overcast and the temperature is about 14 degrees Centigrade....but it's better than being at home freezing our rocks off....
    The hardy walkers are out on deck all wrapped up taking the sea air, I ventured out just long enough to take the picture below, then I was straight back inside to the nice warm Anderson's bar with the rest of the dead people........
    Read more