Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 52

    Puerta Maya, Cozumel, Mexico

    March 1, 2013 in Mexico ⋅ ☁️ 21 °C

    Puerta Maya today, nice place if very commercialized.
    The port area consisted of lots and lots of shops and the largest duty free shop I've ever seen.
    I must admit that there were bargains to be had especially in T shirts.
    The shop keepers were quite friendly and not to pushy, one of them was either very funny or very honest when he said to us, "senor, senora, come into my shop and give me the chance to rip you off" he said this with a great big smile...lol
    We went for a short walk outside the port and continued our Caribbean cultural tour by finding a Mexican/Chinese restaurant that had cheap beer and free WiFi, where we spent a very pleasant hour or so.
    After that it was back to the port to buy some booze for various people, then it was all aboard for another couple of drinks before a well earned afternoon nap.
    In the evening our favourite entertainment on the ship, the Intermission Duo, where appearing in the Pacific lounge, which is the main cabaret lounge on the ship and they were brilliant even sounding better than in the Lords tavern pub, which is their usual venue.
    In this bigger venue Kandy could really let her voice rip and Gordon could wap his guitar and electric piano volume right up the effect was amazing.
    They really are the best entertainment I've ever seen on board any ship I've been on, especially Kandy whose vocals are amazing.
    But it's not just the vocals she uses the mic like an instrument and literally acts out the songs she sings.
    They finished last nights spot with Wuthering Heights, by Kate Bush and imho did it better than she does, with Kandy's amazing voice and Gordons superb guitar work it was a brilliant end to a brilliant show.... They really should be headlining in the theatre.
    Read more