Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 51

    Montego Bay

    February 28, 2013 in Jamaica ⋅ ☀️ 27 °C

    What a disappointment!
    Montego Bay conjures up thoughts of beautiful sunshine, miles and miles of gorgeous beaches and Bobby Bloom singing the delights of Montego bay, on the island of Jamaica.
    Then P&O go and spoil it all by docking us in an industrial wasteland, trying to pass it off as a romantic tropical port, and failing miserably.
    There was literally nothing there except for a run down shopping complex just outside the port gates, where all but one shop and one bar was closed.
    We didn't use the shop but did use the VERY overpriced bar for the WiFi.
    To be honest inside the port building there were some more trinket shops and one even more expensive bar.
    You could not walk to anywhere as nothing was within walking distance.
    There was a shuttle available at $10 return which would take you to a shopping mall.
    We didn't bother with it and after having a beer in the outside bar and using the WiFi, we returned to the ship.
    By the horror stories we heard later about passengers being ripped off by the shuttle divers it was a wise move.
    All in all where P&O decided to park the ship, was second only to Alexandria in Egypt as being the worst place I've visited.
    Read more