Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 7

    Civitavecchia (Rome)

    July 16, 2016 in Italy ⋅ ⛅ 19 °C

    A quick update on yesterday.
    With the attack in Nice and the state of emergency being declared in France 🇫🇷, it was decided that, we would not stop at Villefranche for everyone's safety.
    So all day and night we've very very slowly sailed on to our next port, which is Civitavecchia in Italy 🇮🇹.
    We have actually docked, so I'm guessing everything must be ok in Civitavecchia.
    I know Sheila and Sue won't be getting off, but Maz and I probably will.
    Oh yes last night we had a delegation go down to the casino to sort out the MLife membership.
    Long story short, with an Mlife membership on every ship you travel on you are entitled to a free meal for two in any speciality restaurant, five free drinks in the casino bar and no charge for drawing cash out of your account.
    Well obviously once the gang found this out they asked for my help in joining.
    Now as diamond plus and pinnacle members they are entitled to the top platinum membership, which gives all of the above benefits.
    But Royal Caribbean are saying as new members they are only sapphire level which gives none of the above.
    But we have gotten hold of an official Royal membership chart which clearly shows we are correct.
    So it's now been faxed to Miami. Exciting times, lol 😁
    Read more