Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 14

    Jerusalem, Israel

    May 3, 2018 in Palestine ⋅ ☀️ 29 °C

    Today we docked in Ashdod, Israel 🇮🇱. We should have come here a couple of years ago, but we couldn't dock as there were missiles being fired at the Town, so sailed on up to Haifa, so I didn't get to see Jerusalem that time.
    This time everything was fine, so Nic and I did a ships tour to Jerusalem. It was only a half day tour so we only saw a small part of it, but it was well worth going. Without getting into the politics of the whole Middle East thing, it's such a shame that they can't all live together in peace. Because there are parts of Jerusalem where it happens. Our guide pointed out one particular area where Jews, Muslims and Christians all live together, with churches, Synagogues and Mosques. She said that the Catholic Church held concerts in its grounds at times, so you would find Jews Muslims and Christians going to the church to hear a concert, then going to the Arab restaurants after.
    Anyway back to Jerusalem, we visited the Western Wall, which used to be called the Wailing Wall, I suppose it should still be called the wailing wall with the amount of people crying, our Nic included, lol.
    After that we went to the Holocaust Museum, which was very moving, we didn't have anywhere near enough time to see it all, so it would definitely be a place I would visit again.
    Read more