Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 86

    Good Friday's Campsite Quest

    March 29 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 21 °C

    Our three-week Tasmanian odyssey intermission officially began today. Grammy, ever the adventurer, had hired a Hiace van, its gleaming white a stark contrast to our trusty, Gold Coaster bus. With a rumble of engines and a flurry of excitement, we lurched eastward, chasing the rising sun towards the legendary Bay of Fires. The highway stretched before us, a ribbon of asphalt promising adventures yet to come.

    Not long into the drive, a sweet diversion emerged on the horizon – the town of Bridport. We pulled in, lured by the aroma of freshly baked waffles. Nestled in a bustling food hub, we stumbled upon a haven unlike any other. Golden squares, stacked high and crowned with scoops of ice cream, mountains of nuts, and a symphony of syrups awaited. This was breakfast fit for champions, or at least, ravenous explorers like us. Refueled and our taste buds tingling, we piled back into our vehicles, the promise of the Bay of Fires burning even brighter.

    As the afternoon wore on, the smooth tarmac surrendered to a corrugated challenge. The jolting ride had us questioning our campsite options, especially with Good Friday looming. Visions of overflowing campsites danced in our heads. But then, like a beacon of hope, Policeman's Point emerged on the horizon. Our promised land unfolded before us, a haven with ample space to accommodate both our trusty bus and Grammy's van. Relief washed over us as we settled in for the night.

    The afternoon melted into a blissful symphony – the girls' laughter mingling with the aroma of coffee brewing in Grammy's bus. As the sun dipped below the horizon, painting the sky in a kaleidoscope of colours, whispers of the aurora dancing in the night sky lulled us to sleep. The promise of this elusive light show added another layer of excitement to what was already shaping up to be an unforgettable adventure.
    Read more