Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 91–92

    Road Grime to Lakeside Prime

    April 3 in Australia ⋅ ☁️ 11 °C

    Bidding farewell to the Dunalley Inn and our revised westward plans, we hit the road. Soon, familiar sights unfolded – the farm in Forcett, a place etched in our memories from Sal's (and later joined by Anth) solo adventures. A quick stop in Sorrel for essential supplies (mostly chocolate, of course!) followed the same route we took weeks ago, returning to Penstock Lagoon. But this time, the lure of the unexplored beckoned, and we veered off westward.

    Hamilton marked our next stop – a top-up for our water reserves, and a tempting $1 hot shower that Anth couldn't resist, washing away the road grime. Finally, we reached our destination for the night – a campsite overlooking the serene expanse of Meadowbank Lake. Upon arrival, tranquility reigned, but as the day wore on, fellow travellers began to trickle in.

    Maps unfurled, we strategised our route to reach Strahan, the location of Grammy's other cruise surprise. A thrill of anticipation coursed through us, tempered by a nip in the air – a taste of Tasmania's infamous chill settling in. Time to bundle up and cozy in for the night.
    Read more