Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 3

    Day 3 - Last day in Toronto

    August 3, 2019 in Canada ⋅ ☀️ 25 °C

    We planned to take our last day in the city a little easier than the first two and started the day by jumping back on the open-topped bus and heading for Canada’s only castle ‘Casa Loma’.

    A beautiful building with very little history. Only lived in for a short while before bankruptcy by its creator forced him to sell, it then became a hotel at the turn of last century, but the Great Depression put a swift end to that. It is now a tourist destination for a pleasant couple of hours, a popular wedding venue with a five year waiting list and its biggest claim to fame, a favourite location for filming. The most recognisable of which being the film set of Xavier’s school for budding mutants in the X-Men film.

    We had a lovely lunch in a pub called ‘The Village Idiot’ - great name, great food and a laid back atmosphere. Probably had something to do with the name but we felt right at home!!

    In the afternoon we strolled through the lanes of Kensington Market. A fabulous bohemian experience with colourful street traders selling everything from vintage clothing, fruit & veg to jewellery, baked goods and cheese. We loved the vibe - seetorontonow.com describes it as; ‘a trip to Kensington Market is like a sensory trip around the world’

    An evening stroll after dinner saw the CN tower lit up like a Christmas tree - dominating the skyline at every turn

    Toronto gets a big thumbs up from us!
    Read more