Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 4

    Rainy but beautiful Heidelberg

    April 4, 2019 in Germany ⋅ ⛅ 8 °C

    Anyway, onto Heidelberg, where we free camp & Amelia and daddy (already kicking himself he didn’t have the weight limit in the Moho for a four wheeled toy) are in luck..right next to a skate park.

    After a mini tour to try and find this famous castle, we stop for beer and pizza and decide the cloud is too low, we’ll try again tomorrow. Some great parks on the way home for the kids!

    Another quick cycle tour in the morning and we realise that we could see the castle all along...at this point I’ll point out that we are both going old school with phones - just photos and texts to save data for work use!! It’s quite refreshing looking at actual maps in towns and tourist info spots (and taking one or two wrong turns).

    Lots of Japanese tourists join us in Heidelberg so after one last skate, we head off to the Black Forest...not quite sure where we’re heading when we reach it, so definitely flying with the wind...

    In other news, the ice cream tally is well underway, Toy Story is the in-journey entertainment, and we are slowly (and painfully) figuring out the dimensions of the motorhome (thinking about starting a head bumping/toe stubbing tally to boot!)...
    Read more