Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 11

    Plitvice Lakes, Skradin and Split

    September 10, 2018 in Croatia ⋅ 27 °C

    Day 8
    Cool 10 degrees as we headed to Plitvice Lakes - and the area had a definite ‘alpine’ feel, with road side stalls selling cheese, honey and strudel and the steep pitched roofs and huge wood piles indicating it must get very cold in winter. It was definitely a good idea to get the the lakes early- we chose a route that took in the whole area- upper/lower lakes, boat and train ride covering 10km in 3.5hrs (tagged as a 4-6hr walk)- as we were leaving the masses were arriving.
    Lakes: 10 kms 15,831 steps in total

    Stopped in the beautiful little town of Skradin for a walk around its narrow paved streets and a little lunch overlooking the harbour before heading on to Split to find our home for the next 2 nights.

    Our host greeted us with a bottle of bubbles and home made candid almonds and orange, which we enjoyed chilling in our little terrace garden. Had the best shower EVER- with massage, lights and music playing -and then headed out for dinner and drinks. Met up with a couple from Portsmouth and spent the evening chatting over a bottle of wine.

    Looking forward to exploring more tomorrow
    Read more