Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 41

    Goodbye and thank you Galapagos!

    February 8, 2023 in Ecuador

    If someone had asked me a couple months ago whether I would be willing to jump into the ocean knowing I may see hammerhead sharks swimming near by - it would respond With a HECK NO! And guess what - we ALL did it!

    San Cristobal island is the oldest Galapagos Island and has exceeded our expectations!Seriously EVERY SINGLE DAY has been a new adventure.

    -We went snorkeling at the famous Kicker Rock where we saw hammerheads, sea lions, sea turtles, and loads of fish in water so deep, you couldn’t see the bottom. It was Katie’s favorite (she was crazy brave because it was intimidating!)!! Then there was Maddie - who We could barely keep contained on the surface - she kept saying “can I please dive down?!!” We wouldn’t be surprised if a PADI scuba diving class is in her future.

    -We got to JUMP into the middle of the ocean when a pod of dolphins were swimming by our boat.

    -We got to really spend amazing family time with Jenny which was almost unreal because of our location!

    -We finally got to see the election results for the country after weeks of rallies and parades and friendly Brian got to meet the new leader of San Cristobal and take a selfie with him.

    -We watched the sunset on multiple days with sea lions just chilling nearby on the beach. We even saw one roll down the beach all the way to the water 🤣

    - Yesterday we decided that we would “try” one last beach called Loberia that we could snorkel at - Oh my gosh - it was the most amazing experience I think any of us have had. Swimming alongside sea lions and sea turtles in shallow safe waters…we swam next to them! It was so amazing!!!❤️

    Maddie says the Galapagos is like a place you could only see in a movie and that Rupert (the baby sea lion thst the girls named that came up to Maddie when we first arrived) was her favorite.

    Katie says she loved the snorkeling at Kicker Rock with all the wildlife. Amazing!

    Off to LA - in the middle of a 29 hours of travel time with less than an hour of sleep. We’re all exhausted so hopefully this post makes some sense! We had to say goodbye to Jenny this morning, which was sad, but we’re hoping we can convince her to join us on another leg of this trip!
    Read more