Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 51

    Goin’ Back to Cali

    February 18, 2023 in the United States

    Did you know that it’s about $1,000 cheaper (per ticket!) to fly from Ecuador to Australia if you go 3,000 miles out of the way and go through Los Angeles? 🤷🏻‍♂️

    We didn’t either, but we do now! (The catch is that it takes you 4 flights and 30 HOURS to travel that 3,000 miles, but… $4,000 is $4,000.)

    I (Brian) was a little worried that coming BACK to the USA for 11 days in the middle of an around-the-world adventure might “take us out” of our travel frame of mind, but Heather assured me that it’d be a good thing to do.

    As usual, she was right, and it’s been such a GREAT 11 days here with friends and family.

    We spent five days in Hermosa Beach with close friends Weddle, Lisa, and baby Everleigh, and it was so good to get to meet little Everleigh and really catch up for the first time since before COVID.

    Being in LA also let us see some of Heather’s best friends, Nat and Dani, and spend some good time with them and their families in Irvine and Agoura Hills.

    Then it was on to Heather’s dad’s new house in Santa Ynez, up in the hills about 30 minutes from Santa Barbara. Seeing them and spending time with most of Heather’s side of the family, including the girls’ uncles, aunt, and cousins… and two more kids 2 years old and younger… was so good for all of us.

    I also got to see my great McGuire Programme friends in Santa Barbara, Dave and Maria, and it was really good to talk about all things overcoming-stuttering and reset some goals for myself there.

    So now… we’re standing in line to board the plane to go to Sydney, Australia, via Auckland, NZ. 20 more hours of total travel and the biggest time shift any of us have ever experienced await!

    Two weeks in Australia, including Sydney, Cairns and the Great Barrier Reef, and then a couple days in Brisbane before heading BACK to the Northern Hemisphere and visiting Thailand.

    Catch you Down Under! 🤙🏻
    Read more