Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 143

    Croissants + Cats in Cassis, France

    May 21, 2023 in France ⋅ 🌧 63 °F

    We were originally not planning on staying in the South of France but so glad we did! It was rainy and overcast but it was so beautiful and unique!

    We stayed at an apartment that stood above small outdoor cafes in a narrow alleyway that stayed open late at night. You could hear the conversations, clinking of the wine glasses, and just felt the difference in the way of life here. Slower - more enjoyable - joie de vivre!

    The girls favorite part was the cat - that we lovingly named Cassis (it’s actual name was Maggie who belonged to the people that lived upstairs) that would sit at the door of our apartment and the second we opened the door, would waltz in and act like she owned the place. She was a enormous cat with quite the personality. One tiny little rub and she made biscuits with her paws wherever she was. She snuggled with katie doing school work; she lay down next to Maddie. She walked along the alleyways outside. It was fun!

    Our next favorite part was the breakfast at Monsieur Brun café - look at the pictures and see for yourself. Delicious and amazing!

    We were sad to leave but happy we’re closer to coming home!! One week left!!

    Next stop: lots of trains and then Barcelona!!
    Read more