Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 147

    Gaudi and Pickpockets in Barcelona

    May 25, 2023 in Spain ⋅ 🌧 63 °F

    Oh Barcelona- last time I was here was in 1996. I have such amazing memories being here, visiting with my mom, for a few days. We walked everywhere, had delicious tapas, and had so much fun!

    This has been different - we’re so tired and ready to go home. That said, Barcelona is an amazing city.

    Some of the positives of Barcelona:

    - seeing everything Gaudi like Sagrada Familia and his house. His architecture - well…I can’t even put it into words - you just have to experience his art and think about his mind worked.

    - watching a swing band at the roof of Casa Batllò with the girls at night.

    - tapas to me were a huge treat; girls not huge on Iberian ham and seafood. I enjoyed it all!

    Main negative:
    I got pickpocketed the first time I let down my guard this entire trip! Someone stole my phone while at a very busy store - I didn’t even know until a security guard told me he saw a couple follow me in the store on security cameras and the woman took the phone and passed it off to the man. They got arrested and I got my phone back - hallelujah!

    Humbling experience to have travelled around the world and 2 days before I come home to get pickpocketed…hey! That’s part of the experience though right??

    ————————-

    We leave in the AM and will be traveling for about 24 hours to get back home. We can’t wait. This has been an adventure of a lifetime…and more than anything I’m so grateful that both Brian and I got to spend so much time with our girls. They are such special human beings and I know that we won’t get this opportunity probably ever again to spend this much time with them. They’re growing up so quickly and it’s been beautiful to watch!

    I hope that these experience will continue to shift and shape their uniqueness in this world; I hope they see that life goes on whether we like it or not; that there are always different ways to look at life, people, cultures, foods, love, and even a landscape. The world can be raw, beautiful, unique, harsh, and comforting all at the same time. It’s kind of how I feel about Gaudi’s work.

    We just need to continue to shift our perspective a bit, realize we will always be learning, and we have to be open to continuing to grow as human beings.

    This is my last post from the Sellers Family Round-The-World trip! Sellers girls out ❤️ we can’t wait to be home with Brian and the doggies.
    Read more