Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 8

    Bye bye Chiang Dao, hello Pai

    January 24, 2018 in Thailand ⋅ ☀️ 22 °C

    In the morning we woke up very sore, so before leaving Chiang Dao we visited the local hot springs and decided to climb 500 steps to a temple on the top of a hill where I met a lady from Clitheroe!

    After talking to a couple from Canada the day before we decided to go to the infamous Pai, known for its hustle and bustle of backpackers and hippys. Originally we decided to stay clear but we heard about a hidden hot spring and it was a great place for nature trails. Gosh what a drive... The roads in Thailand are very similar (for those that know) to driving up to Papigo village in Greece BUT for 3 hours. Its endless windy steep roads and I mean endless. It barely had any stopping points and as we missed them with a blink of the eye I ended up driving non stop for 3 hours. I felt so car sick by the end of it we had to just stop and sit for quite a while.

    But it was worth it we had a lovely evening having dinner at a local shack and visiting the night Market which had really cute hand crafted jewellery and handmade dresses. We had tea in a bamboo stem, gooey coconut balls and finished the night listening to an open mic band in a jazz and soul.
    Read more