Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 9

    Day in Pai

    January 25, 2018 in Thailand ⋅ ☀️ 23 °C

    By gosh last night was freezing. The temperature difference between daytime and night is a crazy 25 degrees! During the day it's about 30 and at night a whopping 5 or below! Let's just say our quaint, romantic hillside set huts aren't really prepped for cold weather. So we got up really early again to begin our day of rest.

    Starting off with our leftover snacks: a croissant, some peanut butter, an orange and a bit of banana cake while in a hammock!

    Obviously after that, on our rest day..., we decided to trek up 500 steps to see the magnificent white Buddha. It truly was a grand sight and worth the very slow uphill walk. It was really peaceful with few tourists so we just sat at the top for a whole contemplating the rest of our day.

    Heading down we remembered a very well rated vegan cafe so went to check it out. All I can say is look at the picture. It was so fresh and tasty. Just yum!

    Next we went to a hot spring and wasted away another hour and half before checking into our next hostel which is owned by a really lovely proud female farmer who grows fresh fruit for her guests. We tried Star Fruit which she picked straight from the tree.

    We then went back to the white Buddha for sunset which was again just really relaxing !

    Finally finished off the day with dinner at the same restaurant as yesterday, vegan banoffee pie and listening to smooth jazz in a hammock. I think we've finally worked out how to rest 😊

    We've had a really, unexpected, fabulous time in Pai. Yes it's touristy but actually in a really positive, calm and natural way not a trashy way. Definitely could have stayed here longer but we are going back to Chaing Mai tomorrow to hand back the car.
    Read more