Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 6

    Sleep, Swim and Recuperate - Langkawi

    May 28, 2018 in Malaysia ⋅ ⛅ 31 °C

    So glad the ferry journey was fine. When we arrived we jumped into a grab, got to the homestay which wasn't quite ready for us so we headed out in search for food. So this time we found food, it was recommended, but it was god awful. We ordered Roti Canai but they didn't have any left (it was the start of lunch...I think this was a lie), then went for a naan with chicken curry instead. The naan was barely cooked and the chicken curry was the most upsetting thing I've seen. Firstly it came 40 mins after my naan, then when it arrived it was one piece of chicken in a watery sauce. God I miss mums food!!

    Then we headed to the beach (that took us forever to find 😭) where we swam and caught up some R&R.

    Not sure what is happening at the moment but we are both so on edge, having very little sleep and not being able to find food when we need it does not help matters! We definitely woke up on the wrong side of the bed today with under 2 hours sleep search for food at 1pm and ended up going to a French cafe for a sandwich. Not ideal! To bring back our memories of Vietnam we hired a scooter for a couple of days so we can ride around the island in hope of it making our lives a bit easier. Fed and with a scooter we headed off to see a Rice Garden Museum. Maybe we are expecting too much... Or maybe we've just seen incredible things in Vietnam I'm not sure, but it was terrible. It was a field the size of my back garden with a poor rice Padi inside. So we decided to head to a public park for a stroll where we saw a pair of wild Giant Hornbills, afternoon tea at a cake shop and then dinner at the local night market. A lovely end to a very slow morning.
    Read more