Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 6

    Lake, Mountain and Beauty

    June 12, 2018 in Indonesia ⋅ ⛅ 21 °C

    What a truly lovely day. We had our yummy breakfast and then headed on a a long drive to Lake Batur. The drive went through beautiful villages, along rice fields, along rivers, across bridges and past beautifully ornate temples. It took about 2 hours to get there but it was not a waste of time. It was so beautiful. Lake Batur is surrounded by various volcanoes including Mount Batur. Wow now that is a volcano in all its finest. We drove around the lake, drove back to to the top of the hills for some stunning views, had coffee at the top and then headed to the bottom of Mount Batur into the depths of its once spilled lava! The ground and plantation was covered in a grey sand and the lave rocks were huge on the side of the road. It was pretty cool! Hard to bike around but awesome to see. We then headed to Sebatu, originally for another water ritual but when we arrived it was getting quite late so we just wandered around above the temple to see the views. After a full day on the bike my bum was pretty sore so we headed back through the countryside for dinner and then to our homestay.

    So... We were all tucked up in bed ready for a well deserved good night sleep when all of a sudden we could hear everything going on next door. And I mean everything. It was far from ideal and let's just say it took us a long time to nod off...
    Read more