Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 1

    Shattered Already!

    September 20, 2018 in Singapore ⋅ ⛅ 30 °C

    Well the last couple of days has completely taken it out of us. The flight was really rough. We had a couple of turbulence moments, we'd watched all the good films on our return flight 2 months ago and we didn't get a wink of sleep. So that's been us up for nearly 48 hours. We got off the plane looking like zombies and feeling like we were going to be sick. Not the best start I must admit! We then jumped on the MRT, grabbed some food from the Hawker Center near Amber's flat and instantly felt like home when we got in. We've been super lucky again to get free accomodation here and I'm so so glad! We had a quick bite to eat and although it was 10:30am we went straight to bed. Now if I'm honest I don't have anything interesting to say apart from the nap turned into a full day of sleep. We did wake up at 3:30pm, but then fell back to sleep till 6:30pm when we rose for a quick Beef Rendang dinner, watched Lost in Translation (what a slow and rubbish film) and then went straight to bed in hope that we would be able to sleep again.

    Gosh we must have been tired, we slept all the way through and only woke up to our 10am alarm! Feeling 5 million times better we got ready to meet Melanie and Loz for lunch. It was sooo nice seeing them! They've been travelling for 2 months and had an incredible time. We went for the amazing chicken biryani, walked around little India, took shelter from the down pour with a sneaky beer and then headed to the one and only Raffles.

    For those that don't know this is where the famous Singapore Sling was invented and it was scrummy. Unfortunately the entire hotel is closed for refurbishment but the Long Bar is still open. Now I didn't really know what to expect but it wasn't quite this... Every table gets a huge bag of peanuts and supposedly it's the thing to eat the peanuts and throw the shells on the floor. Personally I used the wooden block on the table as the bin as it was pretty horrid walking around with peanut shells all over the floor but hey each to their own! (Look at the picture of Will, the floor is covered.)

    After saying bye to Melanie and Loz we attempted to go for a little wander around the town, but ended up catching the tube back home, picking up some dinner and heading home. It was a really lovely second day. Its actually really nice coming back to a place that we've already done the main attractions for as we get to just chill and not feel obligated to do stuff.

    The plan for tomorrow is to meet up with Wing and do a crazy high speed walk around McRitchie Reservoir again (for those that read the blog last time!).
    Read more