Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 12

    Birthday in Prague

    August 25, 2016 in Czech Republic ⋅ ☀️ 23 °C

    (*TESSA*) We had a bit of a night out the eve of our birthday so we slept spread out across two queen beds, air con on, in sheer luxury. The breakfast delivered to our room included cold baked beans wand warm yogurt, but we didn't care. The staff kindly sent us two birthday bottles of sparkling wine. I wrote thesis uninterrupted for a few hours as my birthday gift to me.
    We ditched our luggage and legged it up to the castle, avoiding an anti-EU protest on the way. We saw a little of what it would have been like living here before and during the war through a toy museum that included doll houses, farm and war scenes.
    After a couple of beers, aperol spritzes and a few kms walking in the wrong direction, we were crossing back over the hugely popular Church Bridge. We snoozed in a park, marvelling at the mini and huge dogs here, before heading back to our hotel for dinner.
    I was homesick for Melbourne's city grid, our kitty, friends, family and Clayton's Ping's dumplings - but it's hard to truely want to leave Prague.
    We slept on an overnight train to Krakow.
    Read more