Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 4

    Shinjuku

    March 19, 2018 in Japan ⋅ ⛅ 12 °C

    Jeff and I planned to head west the afternoon, but first, we needed to indulge in some more silliness.

    After breakfast at our hotel, we headed over to Hotel Gracery nearby to get a look at the Godzilla statue there. At the hotel, we found out that access to the statue is allowed from 10.30am. We thus had some time to kill. While wandering, we came across a VR center. We went in and played one VR game, which was to rescue a kitten stuck on a plank 200 meters up high. Jeff went first, he was fitted with gloves, a VR mask, and a bungee cord. Jeff isn’t afraid of heights but he did make some noises as he walked along the wobbling plank. He managed to rescue the kitten. I tried the simulation as well but I did not dare step out on the plank.

    Back at Hotel Gracery, we had dessert at the hotel cafe because a sign said that access to the statue was only for hotel guests or patrons. We ate their signature godzilla cake. After that, we went out onto the deck, took lots of photos, and pressed on a stone plate that made Godzilla roar.

    https://www.atlasobscura.com/places/godzilla-head

    https://www.travelblog.org/Asia/Japan/Tokyo/blo…
    Read more