Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 17

    Colombo to Singapore

    October 8, 2023 in Sri Lanka ⋅ ☁️ 31 °C

    Sri Lankan Airlines UL308 | CMB/SIN
    Business Class
    Airbus A330-300 | 4R-ALP City of Hasthi Shilapura
    ATD/1405 | ATA/2035
    Lounge: Serendib Lounge

    Two days before our flight, at the invitation of Sri Lankan Airlines, I put in the minimum possible bid for a paid upgrade to Business Class. To my surprise, my bid was accepted.

    We left Kandy at 7.00am on yet another Uber. This time around, the driver did not ask us to pay him in cash. The two hour journey started off on a winding journey along surface streets before joining the expressway. There was a small degree of anxiety when the car stalled at the expressway exit about 30km from Bandaranaike International Airport in an area that isn’t known for easy availability of Uber pickups. Fortunately, we secured a ride without too much trouble, and we got to the airport in good time.

    Check-in at the airport was not impressive, with just one counter to service Business Class passengers and OneWorld elites for all Sri Lankan Airlines flights. We waited in line over 20 mins before we were checked in. As with the outbound flight, there was no mention of a flight delay until we got to the Serendib Lounge and checked the monitors there. Our delay was just under two hours due to late arrival of inbound aircraft. It seems as if Sri Lankan has difficulty maintaining on time operations with its small fleet.

    The flight itself was fine. Catering was good, and service was friendly. I had a good but short sleep. Upon landing at Changi, we checked in for our onward flight at Transfer Counter C and then we made our way to the Qantas First Lounge.
    Read more