Satellite
Afficher sur la carte
  • Jour 54

    Alexander Forrest Rest Area

    9 juillet 2023, Australie ⋅ ☀️ 13 °C

    Another free camp last night. North of the turnoff to Daly Waters. They are currently doing alot of cool burns in the area to clean off the dry undergrowth. Very common in the NT. The hwy from Daly Waters up to where we are camped and am assuming well passed have recently been burned.

    We turned into Daly Waters to pick up some water and empty the loo. Have not stopped there before. The first place to pick up water since Camooweal. (The roadhouses all have camp grounds where you can top up water if you pay to stay there). What a strange place it was. Teaming with people. There is Tims Junk Yard and a really old pub. Plus some old WW2 hangers just out of town. Was stinking hot. As other people's old junk holds no appeal to me, let along fighting crowds on a hot day to see it and pay $3 for the honour. The pub was overflowing with people so gave it a miss as well. Did check out the WW2 hanger. Was interesting to read about the time this remote airstrip was an international airport.

    We also stopped at Elliot ( a small town) for fuel. $2.35 Lt. Had a excellent little supermarket if you need supplies. We also stopped a Todd's Memorial for morning tea. Its a real history lesson travelling these roads.

    On to Malaranka today and a well earned soak in the Thermal Pool...bliss 😊
    En savoir plus