Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 2

    Melbourne, Florida

    March 31, 2017 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 26 °C

    About 1 1/2hrs outta Lakeland we stopped off to grab some gas, Sami purchased a Peace Tea and got sick immediately afterwards so I took over driving into Melbourne. Reaching out to my friends via text messages and whatnot Deena offered us cool solace at her parents house, plus snacks, and rum which Sami abstained from.

    Deena's dad works for NASA gathering space debris when it falls back to earth. He's a very smart man who's wife is bubbly and funny lady. Deena's pop informed us we were about to witness an historic rocket launch from near their gorgeously interior decorated home. It was the first time NASA ever reused a rocket module, how fun!

    Sami: Sage shared magic with Deena and her Mom to their delight and upon mentioning part of our quest is seeking out penguins wherever we go, her darling daughter had a Lego one she didn't care for so Waddles has a companion.

    After Sage and Deena caught up with one another and I got some pet loving we set out to Sage's friends Marc & Holly's home for our stay. Marc was cooking a delicious Korean rib and turnip soup dish with rice as we met their darling boys.

    Sage entertained the little ones and before dinner was ready the boys ran off for beer and whatnot as Holly and I sat with the neighbor Lenny who graciously opened his home for us to stay while there on March 30th-31rst.

    Lenny is a handsome man with a heart of gold, recent widower, great conversationalist, retired and yet a wonderful host with his lovely house.

    We drank and talked all night near a bonfire while Sage shared magic with everyone and other guests that arrived, he even unleashed his inner dragon blowing fireballs into the night sky. The boys outlasted Holly and I because they had years of catching up to do, eventually pouring each other into their beds.

    Next morning after one of the little ones went to school we all went to a place Marc and Holly work at called 'Ethel and Fred's' that is a southern style greasy spoon restaurant where the owner loves giving out hugs.

    Food was good, prices ranged from $5-$10 at best and covered all the bases. Afterwards we went back to the house for rest time, Sage web work, Lenny and I chatted as he cleaned his pool. I was tempted to go in but decided to stay dry and enjoy the air show directly above. Sage and Marc were licking their liquor wounds from the night before, so we kept this night pretty mellow. Holly's friend Niccole arrived right as the pizza man delivered from Old School Pizza.

    We all chatted as Sage and Marc chatted about life together, Sage's Mom, piranha surgery, snow storms in Seattle. These two boys and their shenanigans are seriously like Ren and Stimpy which Lenny wholeheartedly agreed.

    We had an early morning jaunt at 9am to make it towards Atlanta Georgia so except for Marc and Sage we all called it a good night. Next morning we awoke, Lenny was washing our vehicle and we all went to Ethel and Fred's for a send off breakfast. Once again the food was great, hugs exchanged and Sage shared one last magic effect with Lenny and off we went!
    Read more