Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 18

    Day 16, May 24

    May 24, 2016 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 13 °C

    Missoula Montana
    Mayers left Gardiner shortly after 7 this morning, we followed at 10. We had a drive of about 4 hours, very uneventful. However, it was very beautiful scenery along the way.

    Crossed the continental divide at 6393'

    Saw some cool rock formations as we were entering Butte where we had lunch at Sparky's Garage as recommended by a bartender at a bar we stopped at on main Street. Finding the average price of a restaurant meal whether breakfast, lunch or dinner is averaging $30-$40 USD for 2. We're trying to eat at least two meals of the day at home, one meal at a restaurant (McDonald's for breakfast counts as a home meal 😁).

    Ate at home tonight.

    Hotel info:
    Checked into the Motel 6 University. Seems OK. We got a suite with a queen bed and a kitchenette. Happy we were planning on maybe doing some camping as it means we have kitchen stuff... Absolutely nothing for pots, plates or cutlery is provided, not even a tea cloth.

    No coffee pot, no Kleenex

    No extra pillows, but we brought some.

    Good thing we brought an extension cord, closest plug to the bed can not be considered close in any way.

    Pet friendly, no smoking hotel. Rooms are smoke free and pet-smell-free. However, outside the rooms in the walkways there is pet hair everywhere.

    Information says there is guest laundry but it's a block away at another Motel 6. If we were to come back to Missoula I'd try another place over staying here again.

    Kitchen lights and bathroom fan are thick with dust.

    We got home yesterday and room was not made up. Called front desk and asked if we would get housekeeping while we are here. Answer was, "I don't know, and quite frankly I'm more concerned that we have 40 check ins to worry about tomorrow". I was told that if I brought my (threadbare) towels to the front desk they would give me clean ones...Room was not made up today either. (I also heard that one housekeeper quit yesterday). Seems to me a hotel should be prepared to look after a full house, no?

    I've said earlier that the mark, I feel, of a quality hotel is that they give you 4 towels instead of 3. Here they give you 2.

    However, the kitchenette is saving us money, as is not having to tip housekeepers.

    4th day they changed towels and removed garbage. Didn't sweep and didn't make bed. But they did take the tip!
    Read more